American berries - the natural source of vitamins, phytyoestrogens and antioxidants
Highbush blueberry, originally cultivated in North America, has become a fruit of 21st century. Because of its flavour and a beneficial influence on human's health. Blueberries are full of precious nutrients what makes them irreplaceable part of well-balanced and healthy diet. They are rich in micro- and macroelements, particularly in calcium, phosphorus and potassium. They also include considerable quantities of sodium, iron, riboflavin, niacin and vitamin A.
Blueberry health benefits:
- American blueberries regulate the blood pressure and improve its circulation by insulating blood vessels, they ensure flexibility and correct permeability of capillary loop.
- They are really helpful in treating diabetes - fresh fruit of American blueberries and leaf infusions include the substance acting as insulin that regulates the level of sugar in the blood.
- They protect sight, counteract eyes' tiredness, help in disorders of microvasculature in the eye-ball, as well as in conditions of retina.
- Blueberries protect us from arteriosclerosis and heart disease by decreasing the levels of "bad" cholesterol and increasing the levels of the "good" one. Thanks to the presence of minerals such as selenium, zinc, copper, manganese and vitamins C, A, B and PP. Dietary fibre has also a material impact on our health. Significant part of cholesterol is removed from the digestive truck together with toxic substances and bile acid, before they invade the circulatory system.
- They work effectively in preventive treatment of cancer - phytyoestrogens (plant hormones) occurring in blueberries successfully block the functionality of enzymes that contribute to formation of cancer, both at men and women. The similar features have two acids present in blueberries - folic and ellagic. The first one protects the body from womb cancer during the pregnancy time. It makes the appropriate embryo development possible. On the other hand, ellagic acid counteracts lung, oesophagus and larynx cancer.
- American berries contain numerous and small seeds and pectin that have a beneficial influence on digestive truck.
- They have an excellent effect on the nervous system and the skin.
- They have soothing and pain-relieving properties. Blueberry syrup treats the cough and the infection of the respiratory system.
- They prevent bacterial infections.
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants - among 40 kinds of fruit and vegetables, blueberries come first in terms of the content of antioxidants, i.e. substances that neutralize free radicals. These unstable oxygen atoms are by-products of human metabolism. They destroy everything in their way. By oxidizing cholesterol they take part in the development of arteriosclerosis that may cause coronary attack or brain stroke.
- They turn over the loss of memory coming with age - the substances included in blueberries improve already existing connections in human brain, make the communication between cells more efficient and stimulate the regeneration of nerve cell.
- Blueberry fruit contains dietary fibre that improves the digestion and decreases the time the nourishment spends in our digestive truck.
Created by: www.e-lan.com.pl
Blueberry Farm Janiny i Stefana Reska
Sławoszyno, ul. Spacerowa 7